Portable lifts are lifts with casters and cylinder mechanisms that operators can move to various points around a worksite. These lifts allow users to set up portable workstations at safe and ergonomic heights, safely carry and move heavy loads, and more. At Unidex, we specialize in creating ergonomic lifting solutions, including lift tables and portable lifts. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at different portable lifts we offer, their benefits, and common applications.
Types of Portable Lifts
At Unidex, we offer the following portable lifts:
Our PHQL Series “Quick Lifter” Portable Hydraulic Lift Table can lift 500 pounds and has a height range of 28 to 44 inches. This allows employees to have a mobile, adjustable workstation at a safe, ergonomic height. A 24” x 24” top is offered and these lift tables have a minimal lead time, hence the “Quick” name. We carry tables in multiple sizes and shapes, as well as with different customization options.
Our PH Series Mobile Hydraulic Lift & Assembly Tables are worktable surfaces that can lift to heights from 28 to 44 inches. These are ideal for operations in:
- Cleanroom settings due to their electrostatic-free surfaces
- Sanitary environments (including food and pharmaceutical production centers) due to their stainless steel construction
- Lean manufacturing centers due to their mobile setup and easy portability
We carry a line of PHL Series Manual Hydraulic Lifts & Transporters that can carry 250 pounds for handling and elevating loads. It has a cantilevered design for easy accessibility to racks, machinery, and other fixtures, and it has an extensive lift stroke range of 48 inches. This guarantees access to machinery and equipment across the worksite. It has a 24″ by 36″ footprint and a welded steel construction.
The EHW Series Easy-Lift Electric Workbenches are some of our most robust workbenches, offering a 500-pound load capacity for industrial applications that require the ability to easily handle and lift heavy loads. It can be equipped with a wide range of lift capacities to create safe, ergonomic workstations for sitting or standing employees. It has an easy-lift mechanism; operators can simply toggle the switch to move the surface up and down. Different options for our EHW Series Easy-Lift Electric Workbenches allow facilities to choose the right construction materials, work-holding components, and additional features (such as trunnion mounts and drawers) to form the foundation of an effective work station.
Advantages of Portable Lifts
Each portable lift in our collection offers facilities more flexibility while also protecting workers from common repetitive stress and strain injuries. Some of the key benefits of portable lifts are:
- Ergonomics. The tables can be adjusted to reach the right work height for sitting or standing employees. Instead of craning forward or working with a table at an uncomfortable height, employees can safely handle complex, repetitive, or potentially dangerous tasks.
- Ease of Use. Our portable lifts are easy to handle, move, and set up. The lifts are also easy to operate through toggle switches and manual mechanisms.
- Safety. Because of the heavy load capacity of these tables, users can minimize the manual carrying of heavy items. We also construct our lifts from safe materials that meet the requirements of work environments ranging from cleanrooms to food and beverage production centers.
Applications That Benefit From Unidex Inc Portable Lifts
Applications that benefit from our selection of portable lifts include:
An electrical panel box is a mounted panel that houses the circuit breakers that control either an entire building or a portion of the building. We offer portable lifts with ESD liners. ESD liners protect items and users from electrical threats such as direct discharge, charge generation, and electrostatic fields. Because these lifts are properly lined, they reduce the risk of electrical damage and danger.
Propane tanks are specialized cylindrical containers that can safely hold propane. Tanks can be filled and depleted multiple times. We offer portable lifts specifically designing for lifting and lowering propane canisters, eliminating the risk of drops and employee injuries. Because the lifts move the containers up and down, employees don’t have to lift or carry the awkwardly shaped, heavy container.
Contact Unidex Today for Portable Lifts
Portable lifts offer several advantages from enhanced safety and ease of use to improved ergonomics. At Unidex, we prioritize employee safety and health by designing portable lifts for use across multiple industrial sectors. Contact us today to learn more about the different lifts we offer.